To start off, I come from a family of divorced parents. I am the youngest of 3 kids. When I was 13 years old, my parents after a long and bump marriage of 18 years, divorced. I was heartbroken. It was the worst time of my life. I was so mad at my parents, and became very distant. I also became inactive for a period of 3 years. My freshman year of high school, my dad started dating again and met a woman. They dated for a year, which seemed like a long enough time to get to know someone. They were married my sophmore year, and then everything changed. She had been married 3 previous times, and had 7 kids from those marriages. ages ranging from 24 to 12, I was right smack dab in the middle. The day they had came home from their honey moon, my step mom was a completely different woman. She wasn't at all who she had portrayed to be. She treated my siblings, and I like the outcast. Her children seemed like they could do nothing wrong. Even though it was very obvious as to what their decisions were, they were the perfect little angels. I on the other hand, was doing my best to keep my grades at least a B average, did more than my fair share around the house with cleaning and yard work... but was still neglected from my step mom. 3 years went by, and my dad did all he could to work it out. I guess there is a breaking point for everyone, and when someone belittles you to such an extent, then there may be nothing else for you to do then to just call it quits.
Yeah, those were some very rough times for me and my family, but we became closer because of those experiences. we are also stronger today, then we were before. I know that everything happens for a reason, and that He has a plan for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment